My research centres around the following areas:
- Trusted computing mechanisms, particularly Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) and Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs)
- Secure sensing platforms and communications
- The use of sensor data and machine learning in security
- Secure and trusted architectures and their management, e.g. secure provisioning and trusted service providers
- Challenges in using small-scale devices in security-critical applications generally
Please find a selection of my publications below.
- Shepherd, C., Akram, R., & Markantonakis, K. (2017). Towards Trusted Execution of Multi-modal Continuous Authentication Schemes. In Proceedings of the 32nd ACM SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (ACM SAC ’17) – To appear. ACM.
- Shepherd, C., Arfaoui, G., Gurulian, I., Lee, R., Markantonakis, K., Akram, R., … Conchon, E. (2016). Secure and Trusted Execution: Past, Present and Future – A Critical Review in the Context of the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems. In Y. Xiang, K. Ren, & D. Feng (Eds.), The 15th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-16). IEEE Computer Society.
- Gurulian, I., Shepherd, C., Markantonakis, K., Akram, R. N., & Mayes, K. (2016). When Theory and Reality Collide: Demystifying the Effectiveness of Ambient Sensing for NFC-based Proximity Detection by Applying Relay Attack Data. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1605.00425.
- Akram, R. N., Gurulian, I., Shepherd, C., Markantonakis, K., & Mayes, K. (2016). We Were Wrong: Ambient Sensors Do Not Provide Proximity Evidence for NFC Transactions. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1601.07101.
- Kirkham, R., Shepherd, C., & Plötz, T. (2015). BlobSnake: Gamification of Feature Extraction for ‘Plug and Play’Human Activity Recognition. In Proceedings of the 2015 British HCI Conference (pp. 74–81). ACM.
- Hao, F., Clarke, D., & Shepherd, C. (2013). Verifiable classroom voting: Where cryptography meets pedagogy. In Cambridge International Workshop on Security Protocols (pp. 245–254). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
I may also be found on ResearchGate.